To volunteer for a committee, contact a committee chair or co-chair.
For information about the role of officers see Art IV of the Bylaws.
- President: Matthias Kilian Germany Art IV Bylaws: Officer of IAoLE
- Vice President: Francesca Bartlett Australia
- Treasurer: Scott Cummings USA (c. Finance) Art IV Bylaws: Officer of IAoLE
- Secretary: Vivien Holmes Australia Art IV Bylaws: Officer of IAoLE
- Iris van Domselaar Netherlands (Conference Planning) Officer for a 2 year term, Art IV s7 bylaws
For information about directors see Art II s3 of the Bylaws
Require a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 10.
- Sweetha Ballakrishnen USA (c. Web; webmaster)
- Scott Cummings USA
- Tim Dare New Zealand (m. Nominations)
- Kyoko Ishida Japan
- Renee Knake Jefferson USA (m. Prizes and Awards)
- Helena Kruuse South Africa
- David Luban USA (m. Nominations Committee)
- Christine Parker Australia (c. Prizes and Awards)
- Sergio Anzola Rodríguez
- Helena Whalen-Bridge Singapore
Co-opted Members of the Board for Steering Group Purposes
- Lisa Webley UK (co-opted as General Editor of Legal Ethics) Art V s7 bylaws
For information about the role of committees see Art III of the Bylaws
Outreach Committee: Chair vacant, membership under review
Conference Advisory Committee: Chair vacant, committee members: Julian Webb; Bruce Green; Nigel Duncan; Scott Cummings
Web Committee: Chair Sweethaa Ballakrishnen, co-opted members as needed. The Webpage Committee is tasked with providing content for, and feedback regarding, the IAOLE webpage www.iaole.org.
Prizes and Awards Committee: Chair Christine Parker, committee members: Renee Knake Jefferson, Matthias Kilian and co-opted members as needed. The Prizes and Awards Committee is responsible for a biennial prize for the best legal ethics paper by an early career scholar. The winning paper to be awarded at the Biennial International Legal Ethics Colloquium and published in Legal Ethics.
Finance Sub-Committee: Chair Scott Cummings. To date decisions have been taken by the full board.
Nominations Committee: Chair David Luban, committee members: David Luban; Tim Dare; Kyoko Ishida; Helen Kruuse; Selene Mize. The Nominations Committee seeks out nominations for Director and Officer roles on the Board. Individuals may ask to be considered for nomination, people may also nominate others.