To volunteer for a committee, contact a committee chair or co-chair.
last updated 2 April 2022
For information about the role of officers see Art IV of the Bylaws.
- President: Yasutomo Morigiwa Japan Art IV Bylaws: Officer of IAoLE
- Vice President: W. Bradley Wendel USA
- Treasurer: W. Bradley Wendel USA (c. Finance) Art IV Bylaws: Officer of IAoLE
- Secretary: Francesca Bartlett Australia Art IV Bylaws: Officer of IAoLE
- Scott Cummings, USA (Conference Planning) Officer for a 2 year term, Art IV s7 bylaws
For information about directors see Art II s3 of the Bylaws
Require a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 10.
- Tim Dare New Zealand (m. Nominations)
- Matthias Kilian Germany (m. Outreach; m. Prizes and Awards; m. Web transl.)
- Helena Kruuse South Africa
- David Luban USA (m. Nominations Committee)
- Yasutomo Morigiwa Japan (m. Web transl.; m. Outreach; President)
- Christine Parker Australia (c. Prizes and Awards)
- Laurel Terry USA (co-c. Web; webmaster)
- Helena Whalen-Bridge Singapore
Co-opted Members of the Board for Steering Group Purposes
- Lisa Webley UK (co-opted as General Editor of Legal Ethics) Art V s7 bylaws
For information about the role of committees see Art III of the Bylaws
Outreach Committee: Chair vacant, membership under review
Conference Advisory Committee: Chair Julian Webb, committee members: Bruce Green; Nigel Duncan
Web Committee: Co-chairs Laurel Terry and Selene Mize, committee members: Matthias Kilian; Tomo Morigiwa; and co-opted members as needed. The Webpage Committee is tasked with providing content for, and feedback regarding, the IAOLE webpage www.iaole.org.
Prizes and Awards Committee: Chair Christine Parker, committee members: Matthias Kilian and co-opted members as needed. The Prizes and Awards Committee is responsible for a biennial prize for the best legal ethics paper by an early career scholar. The winning paper to be awarded at the Biennial International Legal Ethics Colloquium and published in Legal Ethics.
Finance Sub-Committee: Chair Bruce Green. To date decisions have been taken by the full board.
Nominations Committee: Chair vacant, committee members: David Luban; Tim Dare; Selene Mize. The Nominations Committee seeks out nominations for Director and Officer roles on the Board. Individuals may ask to be considered for nomination, people may also nominate others.